Window & Door FAQs
To roughly measure windows and door dimensions, please follow the steps below:-
- Decide which product you would like a quotation for.
- Indicate whether you require Supply Only or Supply & Fit.
- Measure window /door from edge to edge of the visible frame or opening (please see diagram below).
- All window & door measurements should be given as width by height eg. 1000w x 1500h
- Roughly sketch the window/door showing the design & sizes required, as below
- Indicate what part of the window/door should be open or fixed, as below
- Indicate quantity of windows/doors required
- Repeat for any other units required
The width, height and design will be sufficient for Carlson to prepare a quotation for either supply only or supply and fit.
However, if you decide to proceed we would advise you to ask the professional fitter to take accurate window & door measurements or if you are using our Carlson Supply & Fit Service we will arrange a convenient date for a site survey visit.
Example of How to Measure Window / Door Dimensions & Sizes for Quotation purposes
The person installing the new windows & doors is the best person to provide dimensions.
However for quoting purposes a rough measurement would suffice.
Yes we can supply only or supply and fit, please contact us for further information
Yes Carlson’s products supplied are pre–glazed.
We also offer a number of glazing options for new windows to not only enhance your glazing but glazing bar options to correspond and suit your property.
Carlson supplies premium Scandinavian products mainly sourced in Denmark
Carlson offers a wide range of windows. Each product is custom made to order to your individual specifications, such as size and finish. The range includes:
- Sliding sash window
- Side window Guided
- Side hung window
- Top guided window
- Top-hung window
- Top guided reversible window
- Tilt and Turn window
- Special Designs (curved / angular)
Carlson offers a wide range of Doors. Each product is custom made to order to your individual specifications, such as size and finish. The range includes:
- Entrance Door
- Back Door
- French Door (single & Double)
- Stable Door (also known as Half-Door)
- Sliding Patio Door
- Folding Door
Upgrading to a thermal energy efficient window will make your home more comfortable to live in
It will also help in reducing your carbon footprint and in turn reduce your energy bills and meet future building standards.