WEBSITE OF CARLSON & COMPANY
Carlson.ie (the “Website”) is brought to you by Carlson and Company Limited (“Carlson”). Carlson and Company Limited is a company incorporated in Ireland whose registered number is 227444 and whose registered office is at Unit G11/G12, Calmount Park, Ballymount, Dublin 12, D12 F9P1, Ireland.
This statement relates to our privacy and cookie practices in connection with the Website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
Information collected about you
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the Website.
- complete an online form on the Website.
- contact us for any reason through the Website.
Use of personal information
We may use this information:
- to help us identify you and your particular preferences.
- to understand your use of the Website so that we can develop and improve, the Website, our products and services.
- to research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
- for administration.
- fraud prevention and detection.
- diagnosing problems.
This information will only be used by us for (i) the purposes for which it was provided by you and any reasonably incidental purposes; (ii) verification purposes and research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
Any personal information which Carlson collects about you will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003 and GDPR regulation (‘The Acts). For the purposes of the Acts, Carlson is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Disclosure of your personal data
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you. We may disclose your personal data to:
a) other companies within our group;
b) our suppliers and any 3rd party company who assists us with completing our quotation and ordering process
c) law enforcement agencies or other third party agencies, companies and organisations in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity, to protect our rights, property, or safety, and those of our clients, or others (including for the purposes of fraud protection) or to such entities in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Retention of your personal data
For Quote purposes we will retain your personal data for 2 years.
For Order purposes we will retain your personal data for 10 years in line with our Warranty.
- are concerned about how personal data is processed via this website,
- wish to obtain the information we hold about you,
- wish to exercise your right to have inadequate information corrected,
please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or in writing to the Data Protection Officer at Unit G11/G12 Calmount Park, Ballymount Dublin 12, D12 F9P1.
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
In general, Carlson.ie does not collect, store, use or disclose personally identifying information except in very specific instances, such as, for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter updates or have had multiple previous communications with a Carlson representative. Whenever we collect such information, you will have a choice regarding whether to provide it, how it will be used, and to whom it will be disclosed.
You may also use the above contact information if you think any information about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or if you want to change the sort of information about you that Carlson may have collected.
Like most websites, we use some cookies.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many visitors we get on the site over a given period of time. These cookies contain information about the use of your computer but they don’t include personal information about you .
What Cookies do we use
● Session Cookies As you travel around our site, there are times when we need to remember technical information about you as you go from page to page. We use this technical information in many ways to enhance your user experience. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information and only stays in place until you end your session (usually when you leave our site. )
● We use web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, to identify whether you have visited specific services we offer previously. This information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our website
● Persistent or Login Session Cookie When you log into a restricted area, we may set a cookie on your PC, to remember your login details. This can be used for your convenience so that on subsequent visits, you aren’t required to provide the entire log-in information again. This cookie will remain on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our site.
Controlling your cookies
Managing cookies in your browser
Most current browsers allow you:
● Block third party cookies.
● Block cookies from particular sites.
● See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
● Block all cookies from being set.
● Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that you will lose any preferences if you delete cookies, which includes where you have opted out from cookies ( as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set!) . In addition if you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Online Services for these reasons.
For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
To manage your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Managing analytics cookies
Along with logfiles, we use Google Analytics to analyse what people view on our website. Google Analytics isn’t personal information – it doesn’t know who you are.
Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. If you are already logged in to these companies services when you visit our site they may place cookies on your computer.
● Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
Changes to Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy and all issues regarding our website are governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at, our registered office, Unit G11/G12 Calmount Park, Ballymount, Dublin 12, D12 F9P1, Ireland
24th May 2020